By placing a bid you are entering into a binding contract to purchase the lot if you are the highest bidder. If you are the highest bidder when the listing ends you are obligated to purchase that lot.
Vendors declarations regarding stable vices and catalogue updates and/or corrections will be read from the rostrum as the Lot is offered for auction.
Important Please note: Before bidding on each auction, you are required to submit an authorisation of €1000 on your card to verify it. (You will not be charged but the funds may be temporarily held until the last day of sale or until the bidder informs us by email that they no longer wish to bid, the authorisation will then be cancelled) Your card information is held securely by Stripe.
- If you do not bid or purchase, the authorisation will be automatically cancelled within 7 days of the end of sale.
- If you purchase and choose an alternative payment method, the authorisation will be cancelled within 7 days of the end of sale.
- Goresbridge Sales reserves the right to charge your account up the amount of the authorisation in the event of a non paying bidder.
Please ensure you register in good time before you intend to bid to ensure your card is successfully authorised. You can place a test bid on our test lot prior to sale to familiarise yourself with the bidding process and to check your account status.
All auction prices are exclusive of auctioneers commission and VAT as per Conditions Of Sale pertaining to the relevant sale. (Please see catalogue for conditions of sale)
Purchasers from outside the EU are charged at 0% Vat (Proof of export required)
(Warning: there may be a slight delay in broadcast of livestream, depending on the speed of your connection, we advise all bidders to place bid in good time to account for this)
As per conditions should any dispute arise between two or more bidders or two simultaneous bids, the Auctioneers shall adjudicate on the dispute and their decision shall be binding on all parties. At their discretion, the Auctioneers may put up the Lot in dispute for Auction and re-sale.
The Auctioneers reserve the following rights:
- To refuse without reason the bidding of any person;
- To bid on their own behalf up to the reserve price; and
- To withdraw the Lot from sale at any time before it has been knocked down without disclosing the reserved price.
By continuing here you have acknowledged and accepted this and agreed to the conditions of sale as printed in the catalogue for the sale you are bidding on. (Also found in under the 'Documents' tab for each auction)